Sherrie Gearheart founded Live Out Loud Charity (LOLC) in 2010 after losing her childhood friend to suicide. He was only nineteen years old at the time of his death. Since its inception, LOLC has educated over 80 million individuals globally on the signs of depression and suicide prevention.
Highlights of LOLC’s journey:
- 2010 – LOLC hosted our inaugural Annual Fashion Show where youth, families, and the community celebrate life while discussing the important issue of mental health
- 2013 – We created a new division of LOLC called the Leadership Academy to inspire, educate, and lead future leaders and spokespersons to further expand the LOLC mission
- 2014 – Sherrie started the Miss Worldwide division of Live Out Loud Charity to crown yearly ambassadors who save lives across the USA and world
- 2015 – Our founder received the Minnie Riperton, Humanitarian of the Year award. Throughout 2015, Sherrie orchestrated over thirty-two awareness events across the world
- 2016 – LOLC now has over 100 spokespersons enrolled in the Leadership Academy in which Sherrie mentors, along with grass-root efforts in eight countries
We are always looking for volunteers to help Live Out Loud Charity succeed! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help.
Follow us on: